In MS Intermediate Spanish, students become immersed in the beauty of the Spanish language. They experience the richness of the diverse cultures of Spanish-speaking peoples as they learn about how Jesus used culture to speak of deeper spiritual truths. Students consider how God speaks to His people, how practicing the Christian faith in community strengthens relationship, and how important prayer and meditation on God’s word is to the Christian faith. Students also continue learning Spanish grammar and vocabulary skills to help build basic fluency and language proficiency through engaging interactive games,
videos, and audio recordings. Students apply what they learn through discussions, written practice, listening, and speaking exercises.
MS Beginning Spanish
7th-8th Grade Recommended
Course Types Available:
• 1 credit – 2 semesters (12 weeks minimum / 12 months maximum)
• ½ credit – 1st semester only (6 weeks minimum / 6 months maximum)
• ½ credit – 2nd semester only (6 weeks minimum / 6 months maximum)
• Placement test available
• No honors available
• No credit recovery available
BIBLICAL INTEGRATION AT A GLANCE
Creation: God communicates His plan, purpose, and provision personally through the written and Living Word and has set patterns and guidelines for human communication. In the beginning, He created mankind to be in perfect harmony with God and with one another.
Fall: We should be alert to the effects of the fall on communication (lies, rebellion, selfishness, etc.) and take every opportunity to seek and proclaim truth. Man’s fallen nature and innate sinfulness impact his ability to communicate with God and other and understand their communication with him leading to pride, confusion, and even frustration. As a result, man often values forms and subjects of communication that are in opposition to God and destructive―cursing rather than blessing―using it for sinful purposes rather than truth. Through the fall, communication with God and with man is frustrated, to intent of the heart is corrupted, and disunity enters a once perfect union.
Redemption: Our communication should be used only for the glory of God and to bless others, encouraging them to find and live their purpose. This involves communicating truth, encouragement, judgment, and sharing the gospel through the power of God. We should seek to grow in wisdom through our study and use of languages (reading, writing, speaking, and listening) while allowing the Holy Spirit to change our hearts so our communication can reflect His fruit in our lives. We are responsible to God for evaluating our communication and literacy choices by the standards of God’s Word and using them clearly, creatively, and concisely to deepen our relationship with God and with one another. Lastly, when used for God’s glory, language can be used to build relationship between ourselves and speakers of other languages, as well as using this communication skill to share the gospel and God’s faithfulness to others. Through language learning, we build the tools to speak of God’s redemption to all we encounter, even those who speak another tongue.
• audio recording device
• speakers and/or headphones
* Common household items, and access to research materials as well as word processing and presentation software, may be required for the completion of lab activities and/or other assignments. See course for details.
* In order for the Speech Recording Tool to function, the course should be opened on a non-mobile device using Google Chrome or Firefox. If you do not have the ability to access the course following these requirements, you may use the alternative options provided in the Speech Tools Tab on the Menu Bar.